- June 15, 2017
Banana Nut Muffins
- April 18, 2017
- 134 Views
I don’t know about you, but I always have a TON of bananas! We buy them by the dozen because my son loves them so much. But it seems like we always have a few that have turned black by the end of the week. What better way to use them than making some banana muffins?? These muffins are to die for… especially if you have a large muffin tin to make bakery size muffins… Mmmmmm.
Usually I make a healthy version (which I will post later) for my son to snack on because we don’t let him eat a bunch of sugar, which are also so amazing. You really can’t tell much of a difference. I always love making my normal recipes and then find healthier versions for them.
Prep your muffin sheets… and since it’s spring I used some cute liners 🙂 I always use liners but I know some people who just spray the muffin sections and that’s it. I have also used the silicone liners which are awesome too.
I always spray my liners anyways, it just make for a cleaner muffin. I usually buy this but if you just have regular cooking spray that’ll work too.
Anything that starts with butter is no doubt going to be amazing! Get that butter melted… I just put it in the microwave. Why waste a whole skillet just for that?
Mix together the butter and both sugars.
Add egg, baking powder, baking soda, salt, allspice, vanilla.
Add in flour 1/2 cup at a time (or there will be a huge mess).
First 2 bananas in!
Next 2 bananas in…. we’re getting close!
Walnuts are in.. Now it’s just time to scoop and bake!
First pan scooped and ready to go!
Look at how beautiful that sight is…. And my kitchen smells amazing!
Oh yeah!!! Ready to eat!!
Banana Nut Muffins
Write a review
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 large bananas
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Mix butter and both sugars together.
- Add egg, baking powder, baking soda, salt, allspice, vanilla. Mix together.
- Add in flour 1/2 cup at a time.
- Add in bananas in 2 batches - 2 bananas, mix, 2 bananas, mix.
- Add walnuts, mix.
- Scoop into muffin tins.
- Bake at 350° for 30 mins
- Most people mash the bananas ahead of time but mine were so dark and mushy already they mixed in easily.
- I love walnuts the most but I've also used pecans if I didn't have the walnuts.
- I fill my muffins almost to the top because they don't puff up too much, which is why they only make 18 muffins for me.
- I usually end up having to bake them for 30 minutes but always check with a toothpick and make sure it comes out clean.
The Harden Homestead https://www.thehardenhomestead.com/