- April 20, 2017
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- April 13, 2017
- 88 Views
How is it possible to make a dessert where the batter is better than the finished product?! Okay, well it may not be better… but it’s just as good. Cookies are one of the best desserts… they’re portable, can be made little or BIG, easy to make, and of course, delicious!!
These chocolate chip cookies are seriously life changing.
How can life be wrong when you have these babies cooling?
My life is complete, and soon yours will be too.
First, I’m going to share a few of my secrets to make your cookies go from yummy to life changing.
- Instant Coffee… yes, it’s weird. But it’s AMAZING. Really, you could add these to any chocolate chip cookie recipe and they’d make it better. **This does not taste like you’re just eating coffee beans, I actually think it helps enhance the chocolate flavor.
2. Browned Butter. You can completely change the flavor of butter just by melting it on the stove until it’s a beautiful golden brown color. Make sure you get all those brown bits!!
3. The third and final thing is………….. MAPLE SYRUP. Really? Maple syrup in chocolate chip cookies?? Yes!!
Okay, that’s enough of my secrets. Now for the good stuff!
Oh my heart… I can’t take the goodness. You wouldn’t even believe how amazing browned butter smells in my kitchen right now.
Mmmmmmm brown bits – cue heavenly angels singing
Cream both butters and both sugars together. If you want to just stop at this stage and grab a slice of bread, be my guest. This is AMAZING toasted in the oven with some cinnamon!
Add eggs and stir. Then add everything except the flour and chocolate chips.
Once that’s mixed together, add the flour a little at a time or you will have a fun mess to clean up 😉
Add those amazing chocolate chips.
Sometimes I actually buy an 8 oz. bar of dark chocolate and chop it up into chunks. But I’m in love with these chocolate chips. They are nice and bittersweet… perfect for this recipe. It will not taste bitter at all, there’s plenty of other sugar in there.
Oh my goodness… just take a big spoon right now and taste a little (or a lot)
I may or may not have just taken my cookie scoop and plopped some in my mouth….
Grab your handy dandy cookie scoop and get to work. The faster you go, the faster you get to eat!
Scoop them out and you’re ready to bake.. I had 3 trays of these beautiful yummy cookies. And yes, I know, I have some BIG cookies on purpose 😉
Get ready to change your life!!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Write a review
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 whole egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups + 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 heaping cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Set 1 stick of butter out to get room temperature and soft.
- Melt the other stick of butter in pot until nice and golden brown, then pour into a glass bowl to cool.
- Cream both sugars and both butters together.
- Add eggs then mix.
- Add vanilla and maple syrup then mix.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, coffee, and salt, then mix.
- Add flour little by little with continuous mixing.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 13 mins.
- I like to rub some butter across my baking sheets, even though they're "non-stick", they sometimes stick.
The Harden Homestead https://www.thehardenhomestead.com/