- April 8, 2017
- 89 Views
Lavender lemonade is the way to my soul, seriously! I’m in love with this stuff. It may be the best thing I’ve ever drank…. besides Coke. Coke is definitely the way to my soul. I don’t care how bad it is for you. There’s nothing better with pizza, or any other food, than a nice Coke. And it HAS to be out of a can or bottle. You cannot pour it into a glass with ice… yuck!
Okay, anyways, more about my Coke addiction later.
I make a plain lemonade recipe, that’s similar to Chick-Fil-A’s, that’s the bomb! The key is lots of lemons 😉 I don’t know who doesn’t like Chick-Fil-A’s lemonade (except for my husband of course) It’s so sour…. mmmmmm!
But in this recipe I tone it down some so you can really get that great lavender flavor, and it does not disappoint.
Whoever thought of putting together lemons and sugar was a genius.
I used 6 lemons to get what I needed, but it’s okay if you go over the 1 1/4 lemons juice. It’ll still turn out perfect if you’re like me and like sour lemonade!
Oh my goodness…. yes I am enjoying this glass of lavender lemonade right now. And it’s magical. I bet this is what mermaids drink.
- 2 cups water
- 1 heaping cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups lemon juice - ended up being about 6 lemons
- 3 cups extra water
- 2 drops lavender
- Put 2 cups water with 1 heaping cup of sugar in medium size pot over medium heat
- Stir continually until the sugar completely dissolves
- Drop lavender essential oil in the hot sugar water and stir
- Juice lemons to get 1 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- Combine the warm sugar water, lemon juice, and 3 cups extra water.
- Pour & Enjoy