- April 6, 2017
Oil Pulling Poppers
- May 25, 2017
- 163 Views
What Is Oil Pulling?
Oil pulling is not a new trend, even if you’re just now hearing about it. It is an ancient practice that involves swishing oil in the mouth for 20 minutes. The key behind this is the longer you swish, the more toxins you’re “pulling” from your mouth.
Benefits Of Oil Pulling
Below are just a few of the many benefits of oil pulling.
- improved gum health
- whiter teeth
- helps clear skin
- eliminates bad breath
- gets rid of plaque on teeth
- more energy due to ridding unwanted toxins
- positive changes in cellular health & immunity
I haven’t personally experienced all of these, but I’m sharing the main benefits I’ve heard either from research or testimonials! What I’ve experienced from oil pulling is: whiter teeth, elimination of bad bread, and plaque reduction. I actually know someone who completely stopped brushing their teeth because oil pulling left their teeth so clean and fresh, and their breath smelling awesome. I could see eventually getting there…… maybe…..
Tips For Oil Pulling
- Oil pulling should be done first thing in the morning, before consumption of any food or liquids (including water).
- You want to choose a “swishing” oil that’s very high quality such as: coconut, avocado, sunflower, olive, etc. Each oil has specific properties that bring different results. I always do coconut oil because I make these awesome oil pulling poppers and I need them to be firm, plus coconut oil has tons of benefits.
- You should swish the oil around in your mouth for 20 minutes… more if desired. If you need to, you can start off with a shorter amount of time, but remember: the longer you “pull” the more toxins you’re removing.
- Use your tongue to swish the oil through your teeth and all around your mouth. Your jaws can get kind of tired if you don’t use your tongue. Just relax and take your time.
- DO NOT SWALLOW! If you feel the urge to swallow, spit out the oil and put new oil in, just pick up at the time you left off. When you pull for a while, the urge to swallow will go away. I promise! It will get easier!
- SPIT IN TRASH. The trashcan is really the ONLY place you want to spit this oil out. It can clog your drains, especially if you’re using a solid oil.
- When you’re done, you can rinse out your mouth and go on with your day. I like to rinse my mouth out with warm water and some sea salt, which is great for soothing any inflammation or irritation, and can rinse out any residual toxins.
Now to my poppers!!
I love making these. They make it so much easier for me to just wake up and “pop” one in my mouth before working out. I add DoTERRA essential oils to my coconut oil to provide even more health benefits. I usually always make my oil pulling poppers with clove and peppermint essential oils. Here’s some benefits of these 2 oils:
- tooth pain
- immune boost
- liver & brain support
- infection & parasite killer
- virus & cold reducer
- thyroid & metabolism support
- reduces bad breath
- helps with asthma & sinusitis
- reduces fevers & hot flashes
- reduces allergies
- Kills cravings
I always do 4 drops per popper (which is 1tablespoon of coconut oil each)… so for this batch I added 64 total drops of oil. You can add between 1-5 drops of oil per tablespoon of oil you’re using. It’s really a preference thing.
Stir everything together
Place on tray
Place in storage container & plop one in your mouth daily.
Oil Pulling Poppers
Write a review
- 1 cup coconut oil (cold-pressed, unrefined)
- 32 drops clove oil
- 32 drops peppermint oil
- Mix everything together.
- Get a sheet tray and take a 1 tablespoon measure to measure out 16 "poppers" onto the tray.
- Put the tray in the fridge for about 30 minutes to firm oil.
- Transfer oil poppers to a storage container.
- Put 1 oil popper in your mouth every morning (before food or water) and swish around for 20 minutes.
- Spit oil into trash when done.**
- Keep leftover poppers in fridge.
- **Oil will clog drains
- You can add 1-5 drops of essential oil to swishing liquid. I always add 4, which is why there's 64 drops of oil here. It's really up to you.
- Do not swallow oil.
- Can use any essential oils you want for specific benefits.
- I keep all my poppers in the fridge to ensure that they stay firm. When I use one, I just kind of chew it at first to break it up and get it oily.
The Harden Homestead https://www.thehardenhomestead.com/